August 16, 2008

"Kids: they dance before they learn there is anything that isn't music." ~William Stafford

I took David to the bay with me this afternoon because I wanted to work on my compositions using the late afternoon sun. Not only are the tidal flats on Cape Cod Bay better than any playground anywhere, they also make a pretty decent office space, too. I'm not sure what it is that I enjoy more though...my photography... or watching David having so much fun running on the beach!
The light was absolutely gorgeous today and there was a mellow breeze blowing...just enough to cool you off and keep the bugs away. There was a sizable cloud bank on the horizon and I could hear thunder in the distance so I made sure not to wander too far away. On a nice day, it's easy to get carried away and end up miles from where you started. There's just something about the flats that make me want go as far as my eye can see. But today we played it safe and stayed pretty close to the shore. I used the clouds and sun, David, and this boat as my models and was able to shoot quite a few great shots.
And then we left... right before the rain.


Cape Cod Bay, Brewster.
August 2008



"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning."~Henry David Thoreau




No comments: