February 28, 2008

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

I'm writing this post on another cloudy, cold and dreary Cape Cod afternoon. I wouldn't normally complain about the weather. Being a native Cape Codder, I know all too well that you have to absolutely love the bleak and bitter coldness of a New England winter in order to survive living here (and I do), but this month in particular has been especially dull and gray and I must admit that it's really starting to get to me.

It's always around the beginning of March when I long for the warmth and newness of the spring and I'm pretty sure everybody around here feels the same way. There's nothing better after a long, freezing cold Cape Cod winter than the promise of warm springtime weather. But for right now, I'm just longing for it to clear up long enough so I can get back out to take a picture...or two.

"Clouds come floating into my life, 
no longer to carry rain 
or usher storm, 
but to add color 
to my 
sunset sky."
 

~Rabindranath Tagore

Linell Landing Sunset.
Brewster, Cape Cod



No comments: